Birds sank the ship: Win over Ryle Raiders

The Bluebirds offense was borderline unstoppable for the second week in a row as Highlands defeated Ryle 52-20 in week 4. 

This game was being heavily hyped up around the state and for good reasons. Both Highlands and Ryle have veteran quarterbacks and high-powered offenses. The Raiders showed flashes of a locked-in offense on their first drive game as they scored a touchdown in just under 3 minutes, that was the only point they put up until late in the third quarter. After the Raiders scored on the opening drive the Birds would go on to score thirty-eight unanswered points thanks to their QB tandem of Senior Brody Benke and Rio Litmer. Brody Benke is the Swiss army knife for the Bird’s offense as he threw for a touchdown, rushed for a touchdown, and caught a touchdown all in the same game for the second time this season. Benke and Litmer combined for 346 passing yards and 6 passing touchdowns. 

In back-to-back weeks Highlands has scored 50+ points, these past two weeks were exactly what the Birds’ offense needed to get some confidence and chemistry as they head to Raceland, Kentucky to take on the Raceland Rams this Friday.