Breaking Records: Nathan Vinson hits 1000 points

Liam Downie
Senior Nathan Vinson dunking

On February 9, the Highlands boys basketball team played against Lloyd Memorial High School. Although the boys lost this game some accomplishments and milestones were made. Senior Nathan Vinson made it to 1,000 points in his high school basketball career. 

Scoring 42 points in this game out of the 55 points the team scored together. Nathan was not going into this game expecting to get his 1,000 points although this was a big night for him. 

They were missing a few starters for this game and he knew he had to bring his all to this game, which he indeed did.  

Highlands has had many guys reach the 1,000-point mark in the last four years.

Head coach Kevin Listermen stated: “It’s a sign that you have very talented guys in the programs and you got guys that share the basketball and guys that work really really hard and really while its an individual reward it’s also a reflection of our program”

Everyone is very proud of Nathan and the accomplishments he has made throughout his basketball senior year. He has overcome injuries and has become a leader for the Highlands boy’s basketball team. 

Senior Nathan Vinson stated, “I knew I had a big night just not that big of a night, I felt great and pretty confident and accomplished, it was a big milestone.”