Momentum Building: Bengals Secure Another Victory Against The Seahawks

Mike Hilton intercepts Geno Smiths’ pass to Jaxon Smith-Njigba (picture provided by field gulls)

The Cincinnati Bengals came out on top in their game against the Seattle Seahawks on Sunday, October 14. There were ups and downs in this game and many sacks for both teams. 

The Bengals improved 3-3 going into their bye week. The Bengals’ defense intercepted Geno Smith twice. 

Bengals coach Zac Taylor said, “It’s better to win ugly than to lose pretty… That’s the first thing that hit me when I walked off the field. At times it felt ugly, especially on offense, but again, our defense stepped up and made some big plays that allowed us to get out of there.”

Cincinnati scored touchdowns on its first two possessions of the game but punted six times, giving Seattle some late chances.

Burrows’ pass was intercepted by Tre Brown at the start of the third quarter, and for the rest of the third, the Bengals only managed to score a 52-yard field goal by Evan McPherson.

“It’s a lot easier to fix things when you’re 3-3 than if you lost this one. I’m never going to apologize for winning,” said Burrow.

Seattle scored its only touchdown of the game off of Kenneth Walker’s one-yard touchdown run.

Andrei Iosivas’ touchdown was the first of his NFL career, and it happened to be on his 24th birthday. After the catch, Burrow went to the officials to ask for the ball that he gave to the young receiver to keep. 

“It’s right up there,” Iosivas said when he was asked if it was the best birthday of his life. “I had a couple of good ones as a kid. A TD on your birthday is comparable.”

The game ended with a score of 17-13 after McPherson’s 52-yard field goal to win the game for the Bengals before their bye week.