Great day for the Birds Cross Country: 9/19 match

On September 19, 2023, the Highlands cross country team had a meet at NKU (Northern Kentucky University) Versus Bishop Brossart, Campbell County, and Newport Central Catholic High School.

Highlands Girls had two top 15 finishes with sophomore Liza Zengel who placed 12th with a time of 23 minutes and 24 seconds and Sophomore Sydney Houlihan placed 11th with a time of 23 minutes and 23 seconds.

The girl’s team had one top-five finish with Freshman Sophia Taylor finishing fourth with a time of 21 minutes and 50 seconds. 

Highlands had a bunch of players finish in the top 20 with senior Conner Mohr placing 20th, senior Eli Back placing 19th, Sophomore Ben Gallagher placing 18th, and sophomore Charlie Herfel placing 17th.

Sneaking into the top 15 for the boys is sophomore Jacob Gubser placing 15th, senior Owen McCain placing 13th, senior Alexander Robertson placing 12th, and junior Brady Robinson placing ninth.

Highlands Boys had two top-five finishes with senior Ezra Mckenzie placing fifth with a time of 17 minutes and 47. His partner, Senior Malcolm Robertson placed third with a time of 16 minutes and 31 seconds.

The Boys and Girls Cross Country team’s next meet is the regional on October 21, 2023, at Williamstown HS.