#SJW2024: My First Journalism Experience as a senior

“I wish I would of started earlier.”

I am a senior and this is my first year with journalism. Although it can be frustrating at some points trying to get interviews and finding things to write about or even yearbook avenue, I wish I would of started earlier.

I was very nerves starting this class because I knew it would be all underclassmen and no offense to them, but I would rather have classes with people in my grade.

It’s fun to know everything that is going on and able to keep everyone else in the town undated also. Knowing that I am one of people helping make my senior yearbook makes it even better.

When I go to show my kids my senior yearbook i can say “oh yeah I did that page” or “I helped with this and that.”

Journalism is essential to our school because it shows what we are doing and all the accomplishments that the students are getting or working towards including everyone in journalism as well.

I don’t think people realize how much journalism people do for the school and keeping up with everything. Making sure people are at events to take pictures and writing stories about the different events going on.

I know some people get frustrated when we have to interview them and  Thats what we have to do in order to keep up. We have deadlines to get information out of people and get it out in a timely manner and i wish people notice that more we are a class as well and this is our work we have to do for it.