O.J. Simpson dead at 76

Flickr
Picture of O.J Simpson in court for the murders of Nicole Simpson and Ron Goldman.

O.J. Simpson, former NFL Hall of Famer, recently died at the age of 76 in Las Vegas, Nevada due to prostate cancer. He has a very controversial past as the general public believes he was responsible for the deaths of his ex-wife Nicole Brown Simpson and Ron Goldman. However, he was found not guilty by the U.S. court system.

Although most people believe he is a murderer, he did have some amazing stats in the NFL. He averaged 116 yards a game and had 61 touchdowns in 11 seasons. He was the first pick in the 1969 draft and played with the Bills until 1977 and then proceeded to play with the 49ers for 2 years until he retired due to injuries 

In 1995, he was put on trial for the deaths of Nicole Brown Simpson and Ron Goldman. Nicole and Goldman had met about a month before their deaths when Goldman borrowed Nicole’s Ferrari. In court, Simpson was famously found not guilty because the gloves thought to be used during the murder didn’t fit his hands after he was found guilty in civil court. 

In O.J.’s final moments, he had his family come into his hospital room and asked them not to bring in their phones, leading most to believe that he confessed to the murders although,  this is not confirmed and in the eyes of the U.S. justice system he is innocent but in the eyes of most of the public he is a murderer.  

There are differing opinions, sophomore Gaberial McDermott: “I don’t think O.J. did it.”

When asked what made him believe this he said, “Well first of all the glove didn’t fit you have to acquit him and this country is innocent until proven guilty”.