Adventure Awaits: Fun Things to Do in Northern Kentucky During Spring Break

Cincinnati Zoo
Part of the giraffe enclosure.

Spring break is the time that many students and their families travel out of town. However, there are also a lot who stay home for their vacation time off. There are plenty of things to do around Fort Thomas and nearby cities. 

Located in Cincinnati, right across the river, are the Union Terminal Cincinnati Museum Center, the Cincinnati Art Museum, the Cincinnati Zoo and Botanical Gardens, and Findlay Market. These places are all exciting options to attend with either friends or family. 

Junior Lianne Guttaduaro shared what she will be doing for the break: My friends from GA are coming to town and we are showing them what KY is like and what to do here.” 

Presuming making the trip across the river is too far, there are lots of opinions at much closer locations. For example, the Newport Aquarium on the Levee contains over seventy exhibits as well as fourteen galleries. 

If Newport isn’t a supported option, Fort Thomas has many local attractions worth visiting. Tower Park and Highland Hill Park are two large spaces that provide a large scale of adventure. Taking a hike in the woods, practicing a new sport, or having a picnic are just a few examples of the memory-making fun to participate in. 

Senior Ellysa Wira said: “I plan on finally checking out the new bookstore, The Hidden Chapter.” 

Fort Thomas is filled with restaurants with delicious food, and small businesses with lovely owners who enjoy sharing what they are passionate about. While taking a walk, make sure to stop in any interesting small shops. 

Assuming that these activities are not of interest or they have been completed before, another option would be to get a job or work extra hours. One Highlands Avenue is filled with little and local shops, both new and old that are willing to have some extra help. 

Located just outside of Fort Thomas, many jobs are available asking for help. Examples are local food chains like Chipotle as a crew member, Nasu Japanese Steakhouse as a server or a host, Highland Country Club as a server, and Dewey’s Pizza, as a server. Many websites are available to help apply and look for part-time jobs in certain areas. 

All of these activities are good ways to spend time with friends and family. Many of them are accessible by bus, bike, car, walking, etc. Find a new Spring Break tradition to enjoy with your loved ones.