Tower Park: Switch up starting soon

These+are+the+blueprints+for+Tower+Park.+
These are the blueprints for Tower Park.

On Monday, October 9, the Fort Thomas Board of Education unanimously voted to proceed with the reconstruction of the Tower Park soccer field. 

The Tower Park soccer field will be rotated 90 degrees to add more space and parking. Sergeant Avenue will also be moved for this along with the utilities under it. 

In addition to the change to the field, a new building will be constructed with space for other sports and will act as a secondary smaller field house.  

Brian Robinson, Highlands High School Superintendent said: “We’re gonna have a locker room and training facility sort of like a smaller field house even activities such as wrestling or color guard or archery have additional space to use. our goal is to create something that doesn’t just impact two sports but all of them.”

With the relocation of Sergeant Avenue the utilities being moved include electricity, water, sewer, cable, and fiber. This should have little to no impact on the people of Fort Thomas.

Sergeant Avenue will only be closed for a matter of hours, a few days at the most; they will be creating the new road before demolishing the old one, so it will immediately be ready for use. 

Robinson said: The traffic impact will be pretty minimal. One thing that was really important to us was the citizens being able to get in there into the neighborhood without being interrupted. Any interruption should be really temporary.”