Bluebirds offense leads them to victory Friday night: Highlands beats Cooper 58-51

It was an offensive shootout in Union, Ky this past Friday night as the Bluebirds ended up being victorious over the Cooper Jaguars 58-51.

The Birds rushing defense completely shut down any chances that Cooper thought they had of getting a rushing attack going. 

They ended up allowing negative 13 yards on the ground. On the flip side, the Jaguars took to the air as they passed for over 500 yards. 

The Highlands offense was not holding back though. At one point in the 2nd quarter, they had run 25 plays for 323 yards. The Bluebirds’ rushing attack proved to be the dominant factor in the win against a solid Cooper team. Seniors Cam Giesler (26 rush, 203 yds, 1 TD), Brody Benke (12-18, 235 passing yds, 5 passing TDs, 27 rush, 187 yds, 2 TDs), and Carson Class (6 rec, 146 yds, 3 TDs) were the biggest contributors for the Highlands offense. 

This is the fourth week in a row where the Birds have put up over 40 points. Highlands now ranks 2nd in 5A in points per game (45.3).

On Friday, October 1, The Birds will take on the newest district foe in Dixie Heights, which was moved down from 6A to 5A after the KHSAA realignment.