Scottie Scheffler wins The Masters

Fox Buisness
Scottie Scheffler hoisting his trophy after winning his second major in his green jacket.

The US Masters was the first major golf tournament to host a 72-hole, four-day game. The Masters is the only tournament that is held at the same golf course every year, which means that golfers should know what to expect, as well as exactly how to play the course. 

The Augusta National Golf Club is one of the most recognizable and prestigious golf clubs in the world. The US Masters is the first golf tournament of the four majors, which makes it the golf tournament that sets the stage for the rest of the year. 

Any golfer who wins the US Masters is automatically invited to play in the other three majors, making the US Masters not only prestigious but also vital to the careers of many golfers.

The Masters had history in the making this year with Scottie Sheffler winning his second Masters. 

“It’s hard to put into words how special this is to me, this week was so difficult and this course was so challenging. To be sitting here taking this jacket home again is just so special.” Scheffler added after his victory

Scheffler won back in 2022 and again this year in 2024. “I left my pregnant wife at home to come here and play in a golf tournament. I am here to play and hopefully play well. I’m not here just for fun,” Scheffler said.

Scheffler joined 4 other golfers,  joining Woods (1997 and 2002), Ballesteros (1980 and 1983), Nicklaus (1965 and 1972), and Sam Snead (1949 and 1952) in winning multiple green jackets. The masters was exciting with a lot of tough competition and golfers who were hungry and ready to win their first masters and get that green jacket. 

There were a lot of golfers who gave Scheffler a run for his money. Scheffler ended his tour shooting under 11 (-11.) But following him there was golfer Ludwig Aaberg who shot under 7 (-7) coming in the second shot and fell all day consistently. Then tied for third there were three golfers, Tommy Fleetwood, Max Homa, and Collin Morikawa. 

They all shot under 4 (-4). This means that between the five top three golfers, it all came down to a couple of shots to separate the difference. Senior Connor Wallace added, “Scottie Scheffler shot very well the first two days!”

Sunday was all about Scottie Scheffler though. Scottie carded seven birdies on the day with four birdies to only one bogey on his back nine in what seemed like it could have been a lot more. With a five-shot victory, Scottie walked up to the 18th hole stress-free despite missing his approach, And he is now the youngest two-time master champion ever.