Ways to Enjoy the Warm Weather Locally on Spring Break

Michelle Peters
The Cincinnati Zoo botanical garden.

Spring break is right around the corner, on April 3-8. Many people go on vacation for spring break, despite this staying home can still be fun!

If you are struggling to find things to do locally, a great place to spend time with family or friends is the Cincinnati Zoo. The Cincinnati Zoo is a family-friendly activity that is enjoyable for all ages. There are fun shops, animals, and plays. With the warm weather just around the corner, this is an amazing way to get out of the house. 

Another local place to go is Newport on the Levee. Newport on the Levee has many different places to experience. There is fun shopping, food places, the Newport Aquarium, ice cream, and an AMC movie theater. Time flies when at Newport on the Levee, find out for yourself!

The Cincinnati Museum is a local place that is open Monday and Thursday from 10 A.M. to 5 P.M. and is a lovely place to socialize. This is not just a normal museum, you can see concerts using the 1929 Grand E.M. Skinner Symphonic Concert Organ. Concert and Pre-concert reception tickets are $40 and include 1 general admission ticket with assigned seating, and 1-hour early admission with 1 drink ticket and complimentary bite-sized desserts. You can also just purchase a concert ticket for $30 which includes 1 assigned seat. 

Mt. Airy Forest is open from 6 A.M. to 10 P.M. What better way to get prepared for the warm weather than to go to the park and enjoy the sun? There are picnic tables (some under shelters), a playground, and many different hiking trails. This is fun for all ages and is a great way to get out of the house. 

Lastly, Sawyer Point Park. This park has award-winning landscaping, a performance pavilion, concessions, 8 outdoor tennis courts, 3 sand volleyball courts, a world-class playground, the Armleder Memorial Sprayground, bike rentals, the Serpentine Wall, the Public Landing, and the Showboat Majestic. As you can see, there are various activities to keep you entertained and have a good time.

Even if you are not going out of town for spring break, there are still many ways to enjoy it! Make sure to get out of the house and spend time with those you love. Have a great spring break bluebirds!