CosMcs; the new futuristic McDonalds

Peyton Fossett
Future sign for the new CosMcs restaurant.

Fast food has swept the economy over the last 20 years. Restaurants like McDonalds have been at the forefront of the fast-food industry for years. This past year, (12-month period from September 2022 to September 2023), Mcdonalds made 25.014 Billion dollars. Mcdonald’s is world famous to everyone through great advertisements from their character Ronald McDonald. Many locations, as well, have a playground which was a huge trend they started, which is similar to their world-famous “Happy Meal” which is one of their most bought menu items.

Just when you think they couldn’t possibly expand anymore, they can. Mcdonalds has announced their new restaurant called “CosMc’s”. Senior Brent Perez said CosMc’s would be a great idea. Perez added, “I think the new CosMos is a great idea, it’s the perfect combination of Starbucks, tropical smoothie, and McDonalds.” The initial location in Bolingbrook, a town about 30 miles outside Chicago, will open this month. In an email, McDonald’s told USA TODAY that eager fans can expect to see the doors open this week. McDonald’s plans to open approximately 10 CosMc’s pilot locations by the end of 2024.

CosMc’s is expected to be drink-based. The official CosMc’s website says, “At CosMc’s, you’ll find exactly what you need to take you to your happy place. And you’ll feel rejuvenated by more than just a drink. We know that everyday life can weigh us down, so we’re on a mission to lift humans up with every sip.” but that is not all CosMc’s will be providing, the new futuristic restaurant will serve a large variety of drinks like slushies, teas, juices, coffees, etc. While offering food, breakfast, snacks, and desserts as well. Senior Drew Barth also added, “If they make one near me I will be there, I think I’m most excited to try their slushies and different types of lemonades.” 

Some highlighted menu “favorites” are the Sour Cherry Energy Burst, a blast of mango, a bolt of energy, and a burst of popping boba. The Tropical Spice Made, is a fiery blend of lemonade and tropical flavors topped with an interstellar cascade of dragon fruit. An exotic favorite is the Turmeric Spiced Latte, An otherworldly, bold, and peppery espresso experience. For a food favorite, they have the Spicy Queso Sandwich, A radiant egg sandwich with just the right heat.

When CosMc hits the world time will tell how it will turn out, Perez thinks, “CosMc’s will be a big hit when they start opening the doors.” Barth also added, “I think it could even run some businesses out of customers.”