Festive Fun: 5 holiday activities to do this season

With the holiday season kicking off, many different events are occurring in the Greater Cincinnati area. The events going from Christmas lights to visits with Santa! Here are some fun things to do:

Holidays on the Farm:

There are hayrides, pony rides, carolers, farm animals, Santa, his reindeer, an ice-curling rink, and more! The cost of this experience is $15 online but $17 at the door.

Times of Events: 

• Photos with Santa: 5-9 p.m. (through December 23)
  • Citizens of the North Pole Meet & Greet: 5-9 p.m.
  • Mrs. Claus Storytime and Sing-Along: 5:30, 6:30, 7:30 & 8:30 p.m. (through December 23)
  • Dickens Carolers: 6, 7 & 8 p.m.
  • Horse Riding Show: 6:30 & 7:00 p.m.
  • Holly Jolly Hall Live Music: 6-9 p.m.
  • Winter Fairy Godmother Storytime & Sing-Along: 5:30, 6:30, 7:30 & 8:30 p.m. (December 26-31)

When is this happening?

Friday – Sunday: Nov. 24 – Dec. 17 | 5–9 p.m.
Thursday – Saturday: Dec. 21 – 23 | 5 – 9 p.m.
Tuesday – Sunday: Dec. 26 – 31 | 5 – 9 p.m.

Holidays on the Farm activity. (Great Parks)

Fountain Square Ice Rink

Ice Rink is an outdoor activity that takes over Fountain Square from November 4 through February 19. Rink amenities include 600 pairs of rental skates, the WGU Ohio Warming Tent, a full-service concessions tent with hot and cold snacks, alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages, on-site parking, and restrooms. There is no age limit to participate in this activity and no reservations required. Open Skate is $10 which includes admission and skate rental.

HOURS: Pre-Holiday Hours Nov 4 – Dec 14

• Mon, Tues, Wed: 4 p.m. to 8 p.m.
  • Thurs, Fri: 12 p.m. to 10 p.m.
  • Sat: 10 a.m. to 10p.m. (10 a.m. to 3 p.m. split ice with bumper cars operating)
  • Sun: 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. (10 a.m. to 3 p.m. split ice with bumper cars operating)

Holiday Season Hours Dec 15 – Jan 1

• Open Skate: 10 a.m. to 10 p.m., 7 days a week 

Post Season: Jan 2 – Feb 19 (hours subject to change)

• Mon, Tues, Wed: 4 p.m. to 8 p.m.
  • Thurs, Fri: 12 p.m. to 10 p.m.
  • Sat: 10 a.m. to 10 p.m. (10 a.m. to 3 p.m. split ice with bumper cars operating)
  • Sun: 10 a.m. to 8 p.m, (10 a.m. to 3 p.m. split ice with bumper cars operating)
The Downtown Cincinnati ice rink is sponsored by UC Health.

WinterFest

WinterFest is an unforgettable holiday experience where Kings Island transforms into 12 enchanting winter wonderlands. The annual event features ice skating on the Royal Fountain, the Eiffel Tower turned into a magical Christmas tree, the WinterFest Wonderland Parade, more than seven million lights, and live entertainment throughout the park. This holiday experience will be open until December 31. The hours of this event are 5:00- 10:00 pm. 

Winterfest light tower. (Kings Island)

Christmas Journey

Enter a 1950s street scene with nostalgic department store display windows and venture through the incredible winter wonderland. Stop by to see the reindeer stables at the North Pole and watch the elves make toys in their workshop getting ready for Christmas.

While you are there, see the Main Street Holiday Trains displays in the Expo Center.

Experience the world’s largest indoor train display or laugh your way through the A-Maze-N FunHouse where young and old alike will love our interactive attractions. A visit to the Junction is sure to become a new family holiday tradition.

Open from the Saturday before Thanksgiving through New Year’s Eve, it’s the perfect family outing to get in the holiday spirit.

Kids take cookies made by Mrs. Claus. (Entertainment Junction).

Florence Y’alls- Deck the YALLs Light Fest

This interactive sparkling wonderland features more than 2 million dazzling lights and eight immersive themed displays at Thomas More Stadium, located in Florence, KY. Guests will have the opportunity to walk around the field and can even skate on our outdoor Ice Rink located right on the first baseline.

Deck the Y’alls Lightfest is open November 24, 2023 – January 1, 2024!

Sunday-Thursday: 5:30-10:00 p.m.

Friday-Saturday: 5:30-10:00 p.m.

Holiday Hours:

Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, New Year’s Day: 5:30-9 p.m.

New Year’s Eve: 5:30-12:30 a.m.

Dates Closed:

December 4

One of the displays in the light show. (Florence Yalls)