Running the School: What would you do if you were elected?

A new school year means new junior class officers. This year for the 2023-24 school year, there are great candidates to vote for. 

Here are the candidates for class president and vice president, and their reasonings as to why you should vote for them: 

“I’m running because it looks good on our resume, but also it’s something fun I can do with my peers and help them and make changes in the school,” said Emme Orme.

Ashton Wills said, “It sounds fun to have a competition with my friends.” 

Miller Barrett said, “I’m running for the better of this school, so I’m the voice of the students since they can’t talk.”

“I’m running for president because I think I would be a good voice for the class and I’m good at organizing for prom and all the other events that the school accommodates,” said Kate Fausz.

Lily Hug said, “I’m running for president because I want to do the speeches.”

Vice President Candidates 

Eva Sarakatsannis said, “I think it would be really nice to serve our grade and plan prom.” 

“I’m running to make the school a better place and work with the student body,”  said Torin Bryant.

Shelby Shields said, “I’m running because I have experience in leading in other areas such as FCCLA as the regional president and I would love to lead and be a voice for our class.” 

“I’m running for vice president because I want to make this school a better place than when I entered it. I also have a lot of ideas to bring to the table such as the class reunion and dances, things like that,” said Oliver Golden.

“I’m running for vice president because I think it will be a good leadership opportunity and it is something that I have always wanted to do,” said Lily Cleveland.

“I’m running for vice president because I thought that it would be a fun experience and a way to get involved with the school,” Evelyn Morel said.