Injuries within the NFL: a set back within the game

RB Nick Chubb gets carted off the field.

Football is a physical sport. Injuries happen, but for many, injuries seem to steer clear  For some, injuries seem to haunt them and their careers. At any moment in time, it could be your last snap. 

Jets Quarterback Aaron Rodgers was looking like the answer for long-awaited Jets fans and their chances of making it to the playoffs for the first time. Then on the 3rd offensive snap in their very first game on Monday night football, Rodgers goes down and suddenly all hope is instantly lost for Jets fans. 

Injuries can heavily impact a team. Damage to your star player could cost your team the game or even the season. The Cleveland Browns had this issue with Nick Chubb (knee injury). Chubb has suffered two of probably the worst knee injuries seen in football. One was during his time in college at Georgia and one during his possibly last game ever for the Browns. It is always sad to see a star player go down and be out for the season.

Other significant injuries this season so far were: Trevon Diggs (torn ACL), J.K. Dobbins (torn achilles), and Shaq Thompson (broken fibula). All these injuries caused huge impacts on their respective teams. 

With the Cowboys looking hot and promising and their defense having the best three weeks of any other team in the NFL with only allowing 10 points in their first two weeks and scoring 70.

Then one of their star defensive players, Trevon Diggs, goes down, losing a defensive leader on the field.

Injuries require the backups to step up and fill in their role for the team to succeed. It causes immense pressure and the whole vibe of the entire team shifts, causing panic for fans and players. Does the field’s quality have something to do with the injuries?