Kings Island sets opening date to April 20

Trip Advisor
Kings Island on a sunny day.

King Island first opened on April 29, 1972. Kings Island is an amusement park where people can hang out with friends, go on rides, play games, and visit the waterpark “Soak City.” This year, Kings Island opens on Saturday, April 20. 

A visit or a few to Kings Island has become a tradition for millions of people each year.

Kings Island is best known for its extreme roller coaster rides. Some of the most popular rides include the “Orion,” which towers 287 feet, and the “DiamondBack,” which reaches 230 feet. These rides are sure to leave riders exhilarated and wanting to do them again!

Sophomore Lexi Zins said: “I love Kings Island because of the rides and the thrill factor they give me.”

Kings Island attracts more visitors by hosting three other major events during the year. 

The other attractions are as follows after the park opens in the spring.

The summer event is held during the months of June through August when the Soak City Water Park opens its doors. Soak City has 36 water slides, two wave pools, and a lazy river, making it a fun time for any age. 

The fall event is the Halloween Haunt, held during October and November. Both guests and staff members dress up in costumes to spook the visitors. During Haunt, there are multiple haunted houses around the park. While these activities occur, visitors can also ride the rides as usual. 

The winter event is called Winterfest. During this event, people gather to ice skate. The festival begins with the Christmas tree lighting ceremony and a transition to the Eiffel Tower.

Based on a survey, Highlands High School students enjoy the Fall event the most. 

Sophomore Jackson Brown said: “I like going to Halloween Haunt the best because I have so many memories with my friends there, and seeing the people dressed up is just a cool experience.”

With summer right around the corner, Kings Island is a fun way to enjoy the sun and experience a new rush of excitement. It’s always a new adventure at Kings Island!