Highlands Students Travel on Spring Break

Mia Shrout
Visual from Canva showing where HHS students will be traveling on spring break.

As winter comes to an end, high school students across the nation eagerly await spring break. This annual break marks a time for relaxation, along with the promise of warmer weather and longer days. Students have been enthusiastically planning their trips. Here’s an insight on what Highlands students are doing this year for spring break.

This spring break is extra special this year for our drama department. Some students will be taking a trip to New York City! The trip to the city will include Broadway shows, tours, and workshops. These workshops with professional actors will open up opportunities for students to improve their acting skills and build confidence in their acting abilities

Freshman Christian Bedinghaus said: “I’m so excited to see all of the new Broadway shows, they’re all so unique and I just really love drama.”

While the drama department is in the big city, some other students will be in Florida soaking up the sun. Highlands students will be all over the state, including Siesta Key, Jupiter, Fort Lauderdale, and many other destinations in Florida. Most teens will take this opportunity to relax and enjoy themselves while on break. 

Warm weather and relaxation don’t just end in Florida. Students are traveling all over the states, and maybe out of the country! One student will be taking a trip to explore new places such as the Coca-Cola Factory in Atlanta, Georgia. Another student at Highlands will be taking a 5-day cruise, stopping at places such as Jamaica and private Caribbean islands. 

“I’m really excited for all the activities on the boat and then I’m really excited for Jamaica, there’s so many different activities you can do there like rafting and ziplining.” said senior Owen McCain.

This spring break will be an exciting one for many HHS students this year! Over the week, many will have the benefit of relaxing, adventuring, and looking forward to summer.  Enjoy your spring break Bluebirds!