Promposals at Highlands High School

Jade Sandmann
An example of a promposal sign.

Promposals were first introduced in the 2010s, and since then, they have changed a lot. Thanks to social media, promposals have become much more creative, with choreographed dances, songs written especially for their date, lit candles in the front yard, and much more.
Prom is special for the juniors and seniors attending. It is a big part of high school. Some students have made it extra special when asking out their date. Since this is such an important date, they want to ensure they remember it fondly for the years to follow.
Senior Ethan Davis asked his girlfriend, senior Lilly Leising, to their last prom with her favorite flowers and lit candles in her yard. Lilly Leising said: “I’m super excited for prom this year, and the promposal was so cute and I loved it.”
Promposals aren’t just for couples, many people bring their friends to prom. Most of the time, if people aren’t going with a romantic partner, they go with a group of friends, like senior Evan Stuart, who is going with senior Jameson Zoller.
“Yeah I’m super excited to share this experience with him, asking was funny,” said Stuart
People are planning on going out to a nice dinner date before taking their partner to prom. Even those who aren’t going to prom, like Senior Ava Richardson, are still going out to dinner to celebrate. Ava says “I wanted to do something nice cause I’m not going, I’m excited”
The memories of promposals will linger as cherished memories for many students, whether it was a grand gesture or a simple invitation among friends. After the decorations come down and the music fades away, students will still remember their prom for the rest of their lives.