Oppenheimer takes 7 Oscars

Red Carpet
Photo of Da’Vine Joy Randolph, the winner of Best Supporting Actress award.

The 96th Oscars happened this weekend at the Dolby Theatre in Hollywood California. The Oscars are the most prestigious awards for cinematography. The big winner for this year was Oppenheimer winning 7 Oscars including best picture, director, actor, supporting actor, original score, cinematography, and film editing. 

With some of the biggest names on the red carpet at the Oscars, it is one of the biggest days in Hollywood, with appearances from Zendaya, Chris Hemsworth, Robert Downey Jr., and the Rock. 

Attendance Clerk Sherry Bodner said: “My favorite part of the Oscars this year was Ryan Gosling singing I’m Just Ken.”

The Oscars was a fun and exciting night with surprises from celebrities. John Cena shocked the crowd with his nearly naked costume to announce the best costume design. 

Sophomore Drew Davies said: “I thought John Cena’s outfit was funny.”

Even after all of the craziness, there were some amazing speeches given including Da’Vine Joy Randolph speech for best supporting actress. 

Bodner said: “Da’Vine Joy Randolph was my favorite speech at the Oscars.”

Randolph’s most memorable sentence from the speech was: “For so long I’ve always wanted to be different, and now I realize I just need to be myself.”

Oppenheimer exploded at the box office this past year, with that happening, Oppenheimer won 7 Oscars. 

Davies said: “Robert Downey Jr. had a good speech for best supporting actor in Oppenheimer.”

With all of the craziness going on in the production world with a strike for 148 days, for all the actors and writers that make the movies and shows we love. Even with that, the Oscars was a huge success, with many memorable moments that will not be forgotten.

View Comments (1)

• L

Lianne GuttadauroMar 14, 2024 at 10:30 am

It was an amazing show!!

Reply