Valentine’s day: How to make Valentines day sweet treats

The+product+of+strawberry+white+chocolate+chip+cookies.+
Pay Hip
The product of strawberry white chocolate chip cookies.

In a world of love and affection, only a few things speak to the heart more than freshly baked treats. Valentine’s Day is the perfect opportunity to express your affection through baking. Whether you are a baker or not, there is something special about crafting sweet treats for those you love. 

The first recipe we made was Valentine’s Day-themed red velvet brownies. This treat is perfect for this holiday as it contains a red hue and tastes as sweet as love with only a few simple steps to follow.

The ingredients needed are unsalted butter, eggs, granulated sugar, brown sugar, salt, baking powder, milk chocolate chips, vanilla extract, red gel food coloring, all-purpose flour, and unsweetened cocoa powder. This recipe specifically uses Giradehli chocolate products though it can be substituted for others. 

The first step was to prepare. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and get our pan ready with oil. In a separate bowl, we mixed the eggs, granulated sugar, brown sugar, and vanilla into a batter consistency. 

In another bowl, chocolate chips are melted together and mixed with the butter to soften them as well. We whisked this mixture until it had a soft consistency, adding each ingredient slowly. Then let it sit aside to cool down. 

After our chocolate mixture was cooled we slowly mixed it in with our flour and sugar until it had a batter consistency. It was then ready to go into the oven.

We slowly and carefully poured our batter into the already-prepared pan and placed it in the preheated oven. The baking process took about 45 minutes. Last is to take it out and sit it aside to cool for 20 minutes. 

Adding frosting is an optional step. If this step is wanted, it is recommended to put the brownies in the refrigerator after the 20-minute cooling period before icing them.  

The measurements of this recipe can be altered, depending on the amount you want to make.

Another optional step is decorating with pink and red or heart-shaped sprinkles on top of the icing to give them an extra Valentine’s Day aesthetic. This decorative aspect is perfect for any Valentine’s Day function.

The second recipe we chose to make was strawberry white chocolate chip cookies. The strawberries give the cookies a vibrant pink color, perfect for this holiday.

The ingredients needed for this baked good are half a stick of butter that we will soften, a cup of granulated sugar, 2 teaspoons of lemon juice to pair with the strawberry flavor, 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract, 2 cups of all-purpose flour, 2 teaspoons of baking powder, ¾ cups of white chocolate chips, and ¾ cups of diced up strawberries with the stems removed. 

Adding chocolate chips instead of white chocolate chips is optional if they are preferred.

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees, and prepare a cookie try with a sheet of parchment paper on top for when we are ready to start baking.

Dice the strawberries and set them aside in a bowl. In an electric mixer, start by adding the softened butter as well as the sugar and mix until it is light and fluffy. then slowly added our flour and baking powder. This created a dough-like mixture.

Next, the recipe said to add the chocolate chips in after they are baking, though man may mix them in with our dough as well as our lemon juice, vanilla and food dye. The food dye is an optional step, though it gives it a more prominent color. 

After the dough is complete, place them into flattened balls on the cookie sheet we previously prepared, adding our diced strawberries in the center of each cookie to give it a fruity center.

Place the sheet of cookies into the center of the oven and bake them for 15 minutes, checking on them in between. After they come out, sprinkle some more chocolate chips on top and add valentine’s day themed sprinkles. This step is optional. 

These recipes are perfect for a valentine’s day activity and a sweet delicious treat to enjoy with those around you.