Raise the Spirits: Holiday Decorations around Highlands

+Big+tree+in+the+Assistant+Principal%E2%80%99s+Office.++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Big tree in the Assistant Principal’s Office.

The weather is getting cold, lights are up on people’s houses, trees can be seen from home windows, and the holiday season is here. When walking into Highlands you can see the brightly lit tree in the office with sparkling blue and white ornaments of all sizes.

It doesn’t feel like it, but the holidays are coming up and exams are here. Students around the school are stressed. The school is festively decorated for the holidays to raise the spirit of the students who walk around Highlands High School.

Heidi Vermeil, the school library aide, has decorated the library for the holidays. She hopes this would help kids have some joy with exams coming up. Other parts of the school include the assistant principal office and the counselor’s office.

Vermeil has put up a reindeer advent calendar, a gold mini tree, and a large blue Highlands tree in the library.

Vermeil said: “Because the students need some cheery decorations to celebrate the season. They need something to look forward to.”

The assistant principal office is also decorated with a big green tree, with blue and white ornaments.

Sherry Bodner said: “I think the kids like it and the people who come in enjoy it, like the guests and parents who come into the school.”

The exam periods are done and the decorations are around the school. Hopefully, they have helped the stressful mood around them. The holiday season is upon us and the decorations are up. The decorations are up, the smiles are here, and the exams are done.