Back To The Lunch Menu: Soft Serve Ice Cream!

Pip
Robinson and Cafeteria and Food Assistant, Lisa Kroger, posing with their first servings of soft-serve.

A sweet and refreshing treat for the middle of the day! After two years, soft-serve ice cream is back in the HHS cafeteria. 

Due to issues surrounding the maintenance of the ice cream machine itself, it had to be removed two years ago. With the upbringing of Superintendent Brian Robinson, he questioned why we haven’t brought it back yet, and suggested the idea to Cafeteria Manager Nancy Gesenhues and Principal John Darnell. 

“I remembered it when I was principal 6-7 years ago and expressed my hope it would return. I was excited and as surprised as you all were,” said Robinson. 

The new machine holds only one flavor at a time, with the two flavors being the classic chocolate and vanilla, a rotation process has been set in place to appeal to both choices. 

Cafeteria Manager and Food Service Director, Nancy Gesenhues commented on the lunch room’s new appliance and future plans. “The machine only holds one flavor at a time. We have vanilla and chocolate and I will be looking into seeing if there are any more flavors.  We will switch flavors every week.”

“When I noticed it was back, I started getting it every day,” said freshman Jaxon Roderick.

As much as the students at HHS love the homemade treats prepared each day, it’s always nice to have a fresh, soft cup of ice cream! Many students missed the soft-serve option at lunch and were ecstatic to have the feature back.