Highlands Swim Coach: A Look Into Mr.Kampschmidt

Kenzie
Mr. Kampschdmit poses for a picture.

The crisp echo of splashing water, the rhythmic strokes of determined swimmers, and the atmosphere of camaraderie—the world of high school swimming holds a special place in the hearts of many. This year, Highlands has taken a confident stroke towards excellence in the pool, with the introduction of its new swim coach, Kevin Kampschmidt  

With an impressive background and a fresh perspective, Kampschmidt started swimming when he was 11 years old. 

He swam in high school and then for the University of Cincinnati. After college, he taught and coached swimming at La Salle High School for 13 years before moving to Fort Thomas in 2016. 

His goal this year is to bring the team together and to have fun.

“I got inspired to start coaching because I know a lot of the students from class and wanted to take the opportunity,” said Kampschmidt.  

Kampschmidt is excited to lead our swim team to new heights, igniting a sense of excitement and dedication among both the athletes and the school community.

Sophomore Maddy Abner said, “I’m so excited to get to know the new coach, even though I only met him recently I can tell he’s going to be a lot of fun.” 

Kampschmit’s arrival marks a new era for the Highlands swim team. With his exceptional background, visionary leadership, and commitment to holistic development, the team is poised for remarkable growth and success. As the school rallies behind the coach and the swim team, all signs point to an exciting and triumphant journey in the world of high school swimming.