SpaceX Starship Lost

SpaceX+Starship
SpaceX Starship

On Thursday, March 14, 2024, the test run of Elon Musk’s SpaceX Starship (which had exceeded the expectations of its two prior test runs) was launched from Southern Texas for its third test flight with high hopes from NASA.

The Starship went further than they hoped, surpassing the achievements of its preceding test flights. Making a remarkable point in history, spacecraft ventured further into space without a pilot, creating a pivotal moment in space exploration.

As the starship entered the atmosphere, the live video showed a reddish glow around the spacecraft; moments later, NASA lost communication. They then reported it as “lost” meaning it either broke or disintegrated; it was supposed to splash down into the Indian Ocean but never made it.

Though the loss of the ship was a setback, they continued to push the boundaries of space exploration. The SpaceX team is looking ahead to reaching further into space, as the test run showed the progress they made. 

NASA and the SpaceX team are eager to run another test flight, hoping to go farther and farther until they can reach Mars and beyond. Elon Musk’s project may be what gets humanity further than ever before.

View Comments (1)

• O

OTKApr 15, 2024 at 8:42 am

Crazy story. Appreciate you guys reporting on it.

Reply