College Signing: The Next Steps

As the seniors think about college, some of the athletes are committing to colleges for fall sports. There are 5 girls who are committing to colleges for either soccer or softball. The majority of them are signing on Wednesday, November 15th, 2023. 

Senior Claire Cavacini is committing to Centre College for Soccer. Claire stated that she knew she wanted to do her sport in college because: “I have played soccer for most of my life, and I love playing the game and didn’t want to stop playing.” 

Senior Katelyn (Kate) Jamie is going to DePaul University for soccer: “I’m very proud of all the work that I’ve put in because I feel like I’m very dedicated and it really shows in my play.” 

Another student going to college for soccer is Senior Laney Smith. She will be attending the University of Dayton. Smith started playing soccer when she was 3 years old and stated: “I’m so excited.” 

Going to Muskingum University for Softball is Senior Bailey Markus. Markus always knew she wanted to play softball in college but it took a lot of work to get where she’s at today. 

She stated, “It’s challenging and creates a drive for me to keep playing”.

Senior Michelle Barth is going to be playing softball at Thomas Moore. Barth knew that she wanted to play in college and she said: “My coaches and people who had graduated talked about their experiences and how fun it was”. 

Now that the students who play fall sports at Highlands are starting to sign up for their colleges, they continue to move towards their new home and continue playing the sport that they love.