AP Classes Available for Sophomores Next Year

The logo for AP Classroom which is the program used for most AP classes

Going into the ‘24-’25 school year, freshman anxiety is at a peak. For upcoming Sophomores, next year may be their first chance to take one or more AP Classes.

Though AP classes can be a struggle, they help students prepare for life, college, and adulthood. 

One class that requires a lot of wit and focus is AP Biology. Sophomore Sophie Uhl explained: “The work in that class is backbreaking, but it is worth it in the long run. I’ve learned a lot from it and I recommend doing it for all the freshmen.” 

Due to the amount of content required for this class, many current sophomores feel this way. Though AP Biology takes quite a bit of hard work and knowledge in order to pass, it is a great class to take to get general knowledge about biology.

Another class available for incoming sophomores is AP Seminar. AP Seminar’s main objective is to let students have debates and present information they’ve found. 

AP Seminar teacher Kathleen Stewart said: “AP Seminar is a class that introduces students to academic research and presentations, not only with groups but individually too.” 

Although the class requires determination and perseverance to keep up with the heavy workload, AP Seminar teaches students many skills they will continue to use their entire lives.  

Freshman Charlie Alerding said: “AP Seminar is the class I am looking forward to the most because I like to present in front of the class and I’m good at English.” 

Another one of the AP classes available for the sophomore class is AP World History. This class might be particularly enticing for freshmen currently taking AP human geography. 

Freshman Trent Johnson, who will be taking AP World History next year, added: “I have experience in AP classes because I have AP human geography this year. I am excited because history is my favorite class.” 

AP World History’s main focus is how different groups, countries, and people have changed the world as a whole. It will go through subjects like Egypt and Rome and will gear students to think about how all these subjects have changed society over time.